To me, summer means turning off technology and reading in the sunshine instead. Whether it’s at a park, on the dock, in a hammock, by the beach or sitting on a patio with a crisp glass of rosé, one of my favourite ways to spend the summer is with my nose in a book.
With that in mind, here are ten of the most memorable books that I’ve read recently; ones that you may want to borrow from my bookshelf or pack in your beach bag for a few hours by the pool.
1. The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
– the kind of book that you find yourself reading from cover to cover, The Last Mrs. Parrish is a dark, addictive story about two women dangerously in love with the same man.
2. The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
– unsurprisingly similar to the book above (but with it’s own twists and turns), this novel makes for an easy and enjoyable beach read.
3. The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
– if you knew the date of your death, how would you live your life? Chloe...