Finding Happiness in Hanoi
By: Dr. Laura Gallaher
- I believe happiness is an internal choice, not an external gift
- My thoughts drive my feelings, and I control my thoughts (once I know what they are)
- Sometimes it’s really hard for me – I’m still very human
read time :6 minutes
Sometimes I really piss people off. It isn’t my intention. My intention is to change people’s thinking because my life improved when I changed my own.
How do I piss people off?
Well, I tell them that I believe happiness is a choice. And that it comes from within.
I have heard clichés all my life:
- “Money doesn’t buy happiness”
- “You can’t be happy with somebody else until you’re happy with yourself”
And some clichés are clichés for a reason. Alright, enough with the word cliché.
I spent most of my life thinking that happiness is a result of external things. “I will be happy...